International (English)

History

Our first company headquarters – the Spinnmühle in Schweinfurt
Otto Kirchner *1884 ✝1946
Dr. Phil. Auguste Kirchner
Our first drainage pipe production
Our first electrical conduit production
1
 / 5
Zoom
In 1906, the company was first founded under the name "Fränkische Isolierrohr- und Metallwarenwerke Georg Schäfer & Cie". More than 100 years later, FRÄNKISCHE is a renowned company employing more than 3,000 people.

The conduit factory in Schweinfurt was completely destroyed in a fire in 1912 and the company moved to Königsberg which is still home to the company headquarters. Two consecutive world wars meant an end to many companies. However, FRÄNKISCHE recovered during the post-war period thanks to the ingenuity of its employees.

In 1949, Mrs Dr. Phil. Auguste Kirchner, the wife of the late owner Otto Kirchner, regained ownership of Fränkische Isolierrohr- und Metallwarenwerke, which had been placed under American trusteeship, and ran the company herself. She was one of the first women in Germany to study chemistry and gained her PhD in 1923. Her decision to use plastic as a raw material paved the way for the successful future of FRÄNKISCHE.

FRÄNKISCHE products have revolutionised the global market time and time again: In the 1950s, the first flexible metal conduit and the first continuously produced, flexible corrugated PVC pipe were invented in Königsberg. These inventions played a key role in the story of FRÄNKISCHE's success.

Nowadays, the company has production and sales facilities in more than fifteen countries.