We offer you suitable products for
Promoting e-mobility now to prepare for later
Charging infrastructure for e-cars will soon be mandatory
According to a new law, one million charge points are to be created and at least seven million electric vehicles are to be put in circulation by 2030. With the Building Electromobility Infrastructure Act (Gebäude-Elektromobilitätsinfrastruktur-Gesetz – GEIG) aimed at establishing building-integrated charging and wiring infrastructure, the Federal Government is implementing the EU Building Directive 2018/844 into the national legislation.
Ready for electromobility?
Charging infrastructure on buildings
What does the GEIG involve?
For newly built buildings, the GEIG specifies the following for building applications as of 10 March 2021:
- For residential buildings from six parking spaces, every single parking space must be provided with a prepared conduit
connection (see Section 6 GEIG)*
For non-residential buildings from seven parking spaces, every third parking space must be provided with a prepared conduit connection (see Section 7 GEIG)*
Non-residential buildings shall be additionally equipped with a charge point ready for operation.
This wiring infrastructure makes sure that charge points can be added whenever they become necessary.
*Resolution dated 10 February 2021
Wiring infrastructure from the expert in electrical systems
- The eco-balanced electrical conduit FFKuS-EM-F-105 co2ntrol makes an important contribution to more sustainability – both in construction and for e-mobility. Due to its optimum insertion characteristics, data and power cables can be easily retrofitted.
- The Kabuflex R plus type 750 cable conduit with very high compressive strength is ideally suited for underground installation of power and data cables. The products from the Kabu brand family allow gas- and water-tight building lead-through. In addition to this, the components securely and reliably protect the cables inside the conduit.
- Further products from our Kabuflex range also provide a water-tight and secure connection from the conduit to the preparation point for the charging pole. The flexible-in-use Furowell pole foundation conduit creates the transition from the wiring infrastructure to the charging pole, and allows manufacturer-independent assembly of charging stations.
- The galvanised Staro Gewinde-ES-V steel conduit is particularly useful for underground or multi-storey car parks: The sturdy and vandal-proof solution for power and data wiring ensures secure exposed installation in parking areas right to the charge point.